- October 26, 2018
- Posted by: alexmaguire
- Category: Roleystone General News
As part of our civil works for Robin Glades, Abbie Holdings has worked tirelessly to minimise our ecological footprint wherever possible.
Some of these efforts include:
- The donation of grass trees to the City of Armadale for replanting.
- We are investigating recycling the laterite (coffee rock) generated from rock breaking, into construction and landscaping materials. Any remaining will be offered to the local Roleystone community.
- We are yet to send a single truck load of waste from our site. We have endeavoured process as much of the fill that we have created onsite before even exploring the option of off-site removal.
- Any trees that required felling we have kept and intend to use on-site whether as mulch or as part of the landscaping.
- We are installing a water treatment unit for on site disposal of all treated wastewater.
- Approximately ⅓ of the entire site will be retained as trees.
- We are currently constructing a swale on-site. The swale will be vegetated with local native plants to increase biodiversity and create habitats for returning and retained wildlife.
- Retention of the remaining buildings that are remaining on the site for stage 2 of the project.
These are just some of the activities we have undertaken to date to ensure that Robin Glades fits right in at home in Roleystone.